Transcribed by Samuel Bradshaw from public domain sources, unless otherwise noted.
See! all creation joins
(1840, 1912 ed.),
1. See! all creation joinsTo praise th’ eternal God;The heavenly hosts begin the song,And sound His name abroad.
[Chorus]By all that shines above,His glory is expressed;But Saints, who know His endless love,Should sing His praises best.
2. The sun with golden beams,The moon with silver rays,The starry lights and twinkling flames,Shine to the Maker’s praise.
3. He built those worlds above,And fixed their wondrous frame;By His command they stand or move,And always speak His fame.
4. The fleecy clouds that rise,Or falling showers, or snow,The thunder rolling round the skies,His power and glory show.
5. The broad expanse on high,With all the heavens afford,The lightning’s fire that streaks the sky,Unite to praise the Lord.