Transcribed by Samuel Bradshaw from public domain sources, unless otherwise noted.
Arise! arise! with joy survey
(1840, 1912 ed.),
1. Arise! arise! with joy surveyThe glory of the latter-day:Already has the dawn begunWhich marks at hand a rising sun.
2. Behold the way! ye heralds cry;Spare not, but lift your voices high;Convey the sound from pole to pole—Glad tidings to the captive soul.
3. Behold the way to Zion’s hill,Where Israel’s God delights to dwell;He fixes there His lofty throne,And calls the sacred place His own.
4. The north gives up; the south no moreKeeps back her consecrated store:From east to west the message runs,And either India yields her sons.
5. Auspicious dawn! thy rising rayWith joy we view, and hail the day:Great Sun of Righteousness! arise,And fill the world with glad surprise.