Come, we that love the Lord
Sacred Hymns (Manchester Hymnal)
(1840, 1912 ed.),
1. Come, we that love the Lord,And let our joys be known;Join in a song with sweet accord,And worship at His throne.
2. Let those refuse to singWho never knew our God;But servants of the heavenly KingMay speak their joys abroad.
3. The God who rules on high,And all the earth surveys—Who rides upon the stormy sky,And calms the roaring seas—
4. This mighty God is ours,Our Father and our Love;He will send down His heavenly powers,To carry us above.
5. There we shall see His face,And never, never sin;And from the rivers of His graceDrink endless pleasures in.
6. Yes, and before we riseTo that immortal state,The thoughts of such amazing blissShould constant joys create.
7. The men of grace have foundGlory begun below;Celestial fruit on earthly ground,From faith and hope may grow.
8. Then let our songs abound,And every tear be dry;We’re marching through Immanuel’s groundTo fairer worlds on high.