Beloved brethren, sing His praise
Sacred Hymns (Manchester Hymnal)
(1840, 1912 ed.),
1. Beloved brethren, sing His praiseWho formed the worlds on high;Who taught the planets where to traceTheir orbits through the sky.
2. O sing the fervor of His love,The wonders of His grace,Who sent the Savior from aboveTo save a dying race.
3. In songs declare the works and waysOf our Eternal God,Whose kingdom in these Latter-daysIs spreading far abroad.
4. In Zion let His name be praised,Who has a feast prepared,The glorious Gospel standard raised,The ancient faith restored.
5. Swift heralds, the glad news to bearO’er land and ocean, fly;And to the wond’ring world declareThe message from on high.
6. Ye nations of the earth attend!Let kngs and princes hear,And let the powers of darkness bend—Messiah’s reign is near.
7. The Savior comes! Ye Saints, be pure,And fix your hearts on high;Lift up your heads, rejoice, for yourRedemption draweth nigh.
8. Sing, brethren! sing, in strains divine;Let all your voices raise;Let heaven and earth their anthems joinIn these the latter-days.