We Meet Again in Sabbath School
1. We meet again in Sabbath School On this the Lord’s own day, Where joyful gladness is the rule, And love doth bear its sway; Where all may join in songs of praise To him who reigns above, And thankful hearts and voices raise For his redeeming love.
2. We meet again, yes, gladly meet, To learn the will of God, For wisdom seeking, that our feet May walk the narrow road. O Father, let thy Spirit dwell In ev’ry willing heart, That we may love and serve thee well And ne’er from thee depart.
3. Oh, happy day on which we meet With friends and teachers dear, And in this ever sweet retreat Their blessed teachings hear; With precious truths our minds are stored, The gospel plan made plain. Each Sabbath day, with one accord, Oh, let us meet again.
Text: George Manwaring, 1854–1889
Music: Ebenezer Beesley, 1840–1906
- Author: George Manwaring
- Composer: Ebenezer Beesley
- Text: We Meet Again in Sabbath School
- Tune: Sabbath Bell
- Collection: Hymns (1985, 2002)