To Work with the Lord
Author: Andrés C. González
Composer: Joseph P. Webster
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- English: To Work with the Lord
- Kekchi: Sa naqil lix yalbʼal li qaqʼe
- Spanish: Placentero nos es trabajar
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠏⠇⠁⠉⠢⠞⠻⠕ ⠝⠕⠎ ⠑⠎ ⠞⠗⠁⠃⠁⠚⠁⠗
Most common tunes for “To Work with the Lord”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “To Work with the Lord” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Spanish (Original Language)
1. Placentero nos es trabajar en la viña del gran Rey Jesús, y honroso nos es predicar a Su pueblo Su ley y Su luz. Por Su luz, por Su luz, placentero nos es trabajar. Por Su luz, por Su luz, moriremos en El sin pesar.
2. La palabra de Dios escuchad con ahínco, lealtad y fervor. Para siempre jamás recordad Su pureza, verdad y amor. Con amor, con amor, la palabra de Dios escuchad. Con amor, con amor, la bandera de Dios empuñad.
3. ¡Oh hermanos, adiós, pues, adiós! El momento de ir vino ya. Si guardamos la fe en el gran Dios, nos veremos aún más allá. Más allá, más allá. ¡Oh hermanos, adiós, pues, adiós! Más allá, más allá, moraremos con Dios en amor.
SingPraises.net Collection, Nov 2017
Translator: Samuel H. Bradshaw
1. What a privilege to work with the Lord In his vineyard in these latter days— And an honor to teach of his word, To his people, his light and his ways. In his light, in his light, What a privilege to work with the Lord, In his light, in his light, And find rest in his glorious word.
2. Hear the word of the Lord unto you. Come with loyalty, fervence, and zeal. O remember and ponder anew How his truth and his love cannot fail. Hear his love, hear his love, Hear the word of the Lord unto you. Hear his love, hear his love— To his banner we'll ever be true.
3. Friends and brethren, we bid you farewell. We must haste to the work till its end, But as we keep our faith guarded well, We will meet in his presence again. Till we meet, till we meet, Friends and brethren, we bid you farewell, Till we meet, till we meet With the Lord, there forever to dwell.