Savior, Redeemer of My Soul
Author: Orson F. Whitney
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Bulgarian: Господи Изкупителю
- Chinese (Simplified): 耶稣，我灵的救赎主
- Chinese (Traditional): 耶穌，我靈的救贖主
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Yēsū, wǒ líng di Jiùshúzhǔ
- Croatian: Spasitelj mene otkupi
- Danish: Herre, forløser af min ånd
- English: Savior, Redeemer of My Soul
- English Braille: ⠠⠎⠁⠧⠊⠕⠗⠂ ⠠⠗⠫⠑⠑⠍⠻ ⠷ ⠠⠍⠽ ⠠⠎⠳⠇
- Finnish: Herrani, Lunastajani
- Icelandic: Í Jesú nafni erum vér
- Korean: 내 영혼 구한 구속주
- Romanian: Salvator și Mântuitor
- Samoan: Iesu, O Lo‘u Faaola Oe
- Tongan: Huhuʻi hoku laumalie
Most common tunes for “Savior, Redeemer of My Soul”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Savior, Redeemer of My Soul” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 112
1. Savior, Redeemer of my soul, Whose mighty hand hath made me whole, Whose wondrous pow’r hath raised me up And filled with sweet my bitter cup! What tongue my gratitude can tell, O gracious God of Israel.
2. Never can I repay thee, Lord, But I can love thee. Thy pure word, Hath it not been my one delight, My joy by day, my dream by night? Then let my lips proclaim it still, And all my life reflect thy will.
3. O’errule mine acts to serve thine ends. Change frowning foes to smiling friends. Chasten my soul till I shall be In perfect harmony with thee. Make me more worthy of thy love, And fit me for the life above.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English