Come, Follow Me
Author: John Nicholson
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Afrikaans: Kom Volg My Na
- Albanian: Eja, Më Ndiq
- American Sign Language: Come, Follow Me
- Armenian (East): Ինձ հետևիր
- Aymara: Jesusajja Arcapjjet Siwa
- Bislama: Kam, Folem Mi
- Bulgarian: Следвайте Ме, елате с Мен!
- Cebuano: Dali, Sunod Mo Kanako
- Chinese (Simplified): 来跟随我
- Chinese (Traditional): 來跟隨我
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Lái gēnsuí wǒ
- Croatian: “Slijedi me”, Isus reče
- Czech: Pojďte za mnou
- Danish: Frelseren bød
- Dutch: Kom, volg Mij na
- English: Come, Follow Me
- English Braille: ⠠⠉⠕⠍⠑⠂ ⠠⠋⠕⠇⠇⠪ ⠠⠍⠑
- Estonian: Järgnege mulle
- Fijian: Muri Au Mai
- Finnish: Minua käy sä seuraamaan
- French: «Viens et suis-moi!»
- French (French Polynesia): Mai Pee Mai
- German: Kommt, folget mir
- Greek: Ελάτ’ ακολουθήστε με
- Hawaiian: Hahai Mai Iaʻu
- Hmong: Los, Nrog Kuv Mus
- Hungarian: Kövessetek!
- Icelandic: „Fylg þú mér“
- Indonesian: Ikut Aku
- Italian: Seguitemi
- Japanese: われに来よ
- Japanese (Hiragana): われに来よ
- Japanese (Kanji): われに来よ
- Kekchi: Kim, taaqehin
- Khmer (Cambodian): ចូរមកតាមខ្ញុំ
- Kiribati (Gilbertese): Nakomai Iriirai
- Korean: 날 따르라
- Latvian: Sekojiet Man!
- Lithuanian: Sekit mane
- Malagasy: Avia Re Hanaraka Ahy
- Maori: “Arumia Mai Ahau”
- Marshallese: Item, Ļoor Eō
- Mongolian: Ирээд, Намайг дага
- Navajo: Jesus Ání “Shikééʼ Yínááł”
- Norwegian: Kom, følg med meg
- Polish: Pójdź za mną dziś
- Portuguese: Vinde a Mim
- Quichua (Ecuador): Shamui kati
- Romanian: Urmați-Mă
- Russian: Следуй за Мной
- Samoan: Mulimuli Mai ia te A‘u
- Slovenian: Jezus me vabi
- Spanish: Venid a Mí
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠧⠢⠊⠙ ⠁ ⠍⠊
- Swedish: Kom, följen mig
- Tagalog: Magsisunod Kayo sa Akin
- Tahitian: Mai Pee Mai
- Thai: จงตามเรามา
- Tongan: Muimui ʻIate Au
- Ukrainian: За Мною йдіть
- Urdu: آؤ، میرے پیچھے چلو
- Vietnamese: Đi Cùng Với Ta
Most common tunes for “Come, Follow Me”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Come, Follow Me” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. “Come, follow me,” the Savior said. Then let us in his footsteps tread, For thus alone can we be one With God’s own loved, begotten Son.
2. “Come, follow me,” a simple phrase, Yet truth’s sublime, effulgent rays Are in these simple words combined To urge, inspire the human mind.
3. Is it enough alone to know That we must follow him below, While trav’ling thru this vale of tears? No, this extends to holier spheres.
4. Not only shall we emulate His course while in this earthly state, But when we’re freed from present cares, If with our Lord we would be heirs.
5. We must the onward path pursue As wider fields expand to view, And follow him unceasingly, Whate’er our lot or sphere may be.
6. For thrones, dominions, kingdoms, pow’rs, And glory great and bliss are ours, If we, throughout eternity, Obey his words, “Come, follow me.”
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English