Let the Holy Spirit Guide
Author: Edwin F. Parry
Composer: Edwin F. Parry
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Danish: Lader Guds ånds stille hvisken
- Dutch: Moog’ de Heil’ge Geest u leiden
- English: Let the Holy Spirit Guide
- French: Que le Saint Esprit vous guide
- German: Freunde, lasset euch belehren
- Norwegian: La nå Guds ånds stille hvisken
- Samoan: Ia Avea le Agaga Paia Ma Taiala
- Swedish: Låt den Helige Andens stämma
- All Languages →
Most common tunes for “Let the Holy Spirit Guide”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Let the Holy Spirit Guide” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Copyright status of original text
This text was first published in English, in 1884 or earlier.
Earliest source indexed at SingPraises.net: The Juvenile Instructor (1866–1929), Apr 1884.
English (Original Language)
1. Let the Holy Spirit’s promptings Be your daily, constant guide; Let its peaceful, heav’nly power Ever in your heart abide. It will lead in duty’s pathway, And will never let you stray; It will keep you from all danger, And from every evil way.
2. Let the Holy Spirit guard you In each act and word and thought; Never make a single effort Till the Spirit’s aid you’ve sought. Cherish it as your companion; Heed its sweet and still small voice; Ever listen to its dictates, Then through life you will rejoice.
3. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit, Or it will not with you stay; But that it may dwell within you To your heav’nly father pray. Ask in faith and he will answer, And will bless you from above; He will send his Holy Spirit, Which will fill your soul with love.