Though Deepening Trials
Author: Eliza R. Snow
Composer: George Careless
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: N’Sprova t’Thella
- American Sign Language: Though Deepening Trials
- Bulgarian: Смело вървете в пътя свят
- Cebuano: Bisan sa Grabe nga Pagsulay
- Chinese (Simplified): 重重考验
- Chinese (Traditional): 重重考驗
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Chóngchóng kǎoyàn
- Croatian: Nevolje put kad priječe
- Czech: Vzdor soužením
- Danish: Skønt hårde prøver
- Dutch: Schoon soms beproeving kwellen mag
- English: Though Deepening Trials
- English Braille: ⠠⠹⠳⠣ ⠠⠙⠑⠑⠏⠢⠔⠛ ⠠⠞⠗⠊⠁⠇⠎
- Estonian: Raske on tee
- Fijian: Ke Dredre Nai Lakolako
- Finnish: Vaikk vaikeuksia matkall on
- French: Quand ton fardeau est lourd
- French (French Polynesia): Noa’tu te Pe’ape’a
- German: Ihr Heilgen, schauet auf zu Gott
- Hawaiian: Ke Nui Na Hoao
- Hmong: Txawm Raug Kev Txom Nyem Los
- Hungarian: Bár nehéz próbák várnak
- Icelandic: Þó raunir sárar sverfi að
- Indonesian: Walau Banyak Kesulitan
- Italian: Se aspro appare il tuo sentier
- Japanese: 試しは多くも
- Japanese (Hiragana): 試しは多くも
- Japanese (Kanji): 試しは多くも
- Kekchi: Us ta chʼaʼaj cheru lee bʼe
- Khmer (Cambodian): ទោះមានបញ្ហា
- Korean: 성도들아 큰 시험이 닥쳐와도
- Latvian: Kaut grūtības un bēdas māc
- Lithuanian: Nors vis sunkiau šiame kely
- Norwegian: Om store trengsler
- Polish: Choć życia próby trapią nas
- Portuguese: Embora Cheios de Pesar
- Romanian: Când apare încercarea
- Russian: Пусть испытанья ждут в пути
- Samoan: E Ui i Faigata
- Spanish: Aunque colmados de pesar
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠁⠥⠝⠟⠥⠑ ⠉⠕⠇⠍⠁⠙⠕⠎ ⠙⠑ ⠏⠑⠎⠁⠗
- Swedish: Din väg av prövning må bestå
- Tagalog: Kayrami Man ng Pagsubok
- Tahitian: Noa’tu te Pe’ape’a
- Thai: แม้การทดลองหนัก
- Tongan: Ka Faingataʻa Ho Hala
- Ukrainian: Хай на шляху все більше бід
Most common tunes for “Though Deepening Trials”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Though Deepening Trials” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Though deep’ning trials throng your way, Press on, press on, ye Saints of God! Ere long the resurrection day Will spread its life and truth abroad, Will spread its life and truth abroad.
2. Though outward ills await us here, The time, at longest, is not long Ere Jesus Christ will reappear, Surrounded by a glorious throng, Surrounded by a glorious throng.
3. Lift up your hearts in praise to God; Let your rejoicings never cease. Though tribulations rage abroad, Christ says, “In me ye shall have peace.” Christ says, “In me ye shall have peace.”
4. What though our rights have been assailed? What though by foes we’ve been despoiled? Jehovah’s promise has not failed; Jehovah’s purpose is not foiled. Jehovah’s purpose is not foiled.
5. This work is moving on apace, And great events are rolling forth; The kingdom of the latter days, The “little stone,” must fill the earth. The “little stone,” must fill the earth.
6. Though Satan rage, ’tis all in vain; The words the ancient prophet spoke Sure as the throne of God remain; Nor men nor devils can revoke. Nor men nor devils can revoke.
7. All glory to his holy name Who sends his faithful servants forth To prove the nations, to proclaim Salvation’s tidings through the earth. Salvation’s tidings through the earth.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English