My God, the Spring of All My Joys
Author: Isaac Watts
Composer: Joseph G. Fones
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
Most common tunes for “My God, the Spring of All My Joys”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “My God, the Spring of All My Joys” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. My God, the spring of all my joys, The life of my delights, The glory of my brightest days, And comfort of my nights!
2. In darkest shades, if Thou appear, My dawning is begun; Thou art my soul’s bright morning star, And Thou my rising sun.
3. The opening heavens around me shine With beams of sacred bliss, If Jesus shows His mercy mine, And whispers, I am His!
4. My soul would leave this heavy clay At that transporting word; Run up with joy the shining way, To see and praise my Lord.
5. Fearless of hell and ghastly death, I’d break through every foe; The wings of love and arms of faith Would bear me conq’ror through.