Does the Journey Seem Long?
Author: Joseph Fielding Smith Jr.
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Croatian: Čini li se put dug?
- Danish: Synes vejen dig lang?
- Dutch: Schijnt de reis u wat lang?
- English: Does the Journey Seem Long?
- English Braille: ⠠⠙⠕⠑⠎ ⠮ ⠠⠚⠳⠗⠝⠑⠽ ⠠⠎⠑⠑⠍ ⠠⠇⠕⠝⠛⠢
- Finnish: Onko vaikea ties?
- French: Le chemin est-il long
- German: Scheint so lang dir der Weg
- Korean: 가시밭 험한 길
- Norwegian: Synes veien deg lang
- Polish: Droga długą się zda?
- Swedish: Synes vägen dig lång
- Tongan: Fononga ne ha mai
- All Languages →
Most common tunes for “Does the Journey Seem Long?”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Does the Journey Seem Long?” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Does the journey seem long, The path rugged and steep? Are there briars and thorns on the way? Do sharp stones cut your feet As you struggle to rise To the heights thru the heat of the day?
2. Is your heart faint and sad, Your soul weary within, As you toil ’neath your burden of care? Does the load heavy seem You are forced now to lift? Is there no one your burden to share?
3. Let your heart be not faint Now the journey’s begun; There is One who still beckons to you. So look upward in joy And take hold of his hand; He will lead you to heights that are new—
4. A land holy and pure, Where all trouble doth end, And your life shall be free from all sin, Where no tears shall be shed, For no sorrows remain. Take his hand and with him enter in.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English