O Thou Kind and Gracious Father
Author: Charles Denney Jr.
Composer: George Careless
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified): 赞美亲爱仁慈天父
- Chinese (Traditional): 讚美親愛仁慈天父
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Zànměi qīn’ài réncí Tiānfù
- Czech: Laskavý a vlídný Bože
- English: O Thou Kind and Gracious Father
- English Braille: ⠠⠕ ⠠⠹⠳ ⠠⠅⠔⠙ ⠯ ⠠⠛⠗⠁⠉⠊⠳⠎ ⠠⠋⠁⠮⠗
- Finnish: Rakas Isä armollinen
- French: O toi, bon, aimable Père!
- French (French Polynesia): E to Matou Fatu Here
- German: Vater, dir sei diese Stunde
- Hawaiian: Ka Milenio
- Italian: O gentile e giusto Padre
- Japanese: 天に統べたもう
- Khmer (Cambodian): ឱ ! បិតាដ៏សន្តោសប្រណី
- Latvian: Debess augstumos Tu valdi
- Maori: Tirohia Iho Matou
- Norwegian: O du gode nådens Fader
- Portuguese: Ó Bondoso Pai Eterno
- Romanian: O, Tu, bun, milostiv Tată
- Spanish: Nuestro bondadoso Padre
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠝⠥⠑⠎⠞⠗⠕ ⠃⠕⠝⠙⠁⠙⠕⠎⠕ ⠠⠏⠁⠙⠗⠑
- Swedish: Morgonrodnad klart nu glimmar
- Tahitian: E to Matou Fatu Here
- Tongan: ʻE mau Tamai angaʻofa
- Ukrainian: Царю наш і добрий Батьку
Most common tunes for “O Thou Kind and Gracious Father”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “O Thou Kind and Gracious Father” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. O thou kind and gracious Father, Reigning in the heav’ns above, Look on us, thy humble children; Fill us with thy holy love. Fill us with thy holy love.
2. We have met this Sabbath morning, Words of life and truth to hear. Teach us how to ever serve thee And thy holy name revere, And thy holy name revere.
3. Help us to resist temptation; Help us to refrain from ill. Help us all to gain salvation; Help us all to do thy will. Help us all to do thy will.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English