Lord, We Come before Thee Now
Author: William Hammond
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- American Sign Language: Lord, We Come before Thee Now
- Bulgarian: Господи, пред Теб сега
- Chinese (Traditional): [Unknown title]
- English: Lord, We Come before Thee Now
- English Braille: ⠠⠇⠕⠗⠙⠂ ⠠⠺⠑ ⠠⠉⠕⠍⠑ ⠃⠑⠿⠑ ⠠⠮⠑ ⠠⠝⠪
- Finnish: Käymme, Herra, eteesi
- French: Seigneur, nous venons à Toi
- German: Herr, wir treten vor dich hin
- Hungarian: Urunk, Eléd járulunk
- Kekchi: At Qaawaʼ, chawu xoochal
- Korean: 주님 앞에 나와서
- Portuguese: Eis-nos, Hoje, a Teus Pés
- Russian: Мы, Господь, у ног Твоих
- Samoan: Ua O Mai Nei i Matou
- Spanish: Ante Ti, Señor, Tu grey
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠁⠝⠞⠑ ⠞⠊⠂ ⠠⠎⠑ ⠕⠗⠂ ⠞⠥ ⠛⠗⠑⠽
- Swedish: Fader vår, dig nalkas vi
- Tongan: ʻEiki te mau hu atu
Most common tunes for “Lord, We Come before Thee Now”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Lord, We Come before Thee Now” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Lord, we come before thee now; At thy feet we humbly bow. Do not thou our suit disdain; Shall we seek thee, Lord, in vain?
2. In thine own appointed way, Now we seek thee; here we stay. Lord, from hence we would not go, Till a blessing thou bestow.
3. Send some message from thy word That may joy and peace afford. Comfort those who weep and mourn; Let the time of love return.
4. Grant we all may seek and find Thee, our gracious God, and kind. Heal the sick; the captive free. Let us all rejoice in thee.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English