O Lord of Hosts
Author: Andrew Dalrymple
Composer: George Careless
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Danish: Vi råbe til dig, Herre stor
- Dutch: O grote Heer
- English: O Lord of Hosts
- English Braille: ⠠⠕ ⠠⠇⠕⠗⠙ ⠷ ⠠⠓⠕⠎⠞⠎
- French: Dieu triomphant
- French (French Polynesia): E te Fatu, Horoa Mai na i To Varua
- German: Wir rufen, Herr, dich Schöpfer an
- Hawaiian: Ka Haku O Na Lehulehu
- Italian: O Padre nostro
- Japanese: 主よ，裂きしパンと
- Japanese (Hiragana): 主よ，裂きしパンと
- Japanese (Kanji): 主よ，裂きしパンと
- Kekchi: At Kolonel, naqatzʼaama
- Korean: 만군의 주
- Latvian: Ak, pulku Kungs!
- Norwegian: Du herrers Herre
- Portuguese: Ó Deus das hostes
- Russian: Святой Господь наш Саваоф
- Samoan: Iesu, ia e Auina Mai
- Spanish: Pedimos Tu Espíritu
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠏⠫⠊⠍⠕⠎ ⠠⠞⠥ ⠠⠑⠎⠏ ⠗⠊⠞⠥
- Swedish: O Herre god, din Ande sänd
- Tahitian: E te Fatu, Horoa Mai na i To Varua
- Tongan: ʻEiki ʻoku mau kole
- Ukrainian: О Боже, Духа нам пошли
Most common tunes for “O Lord of Hosts”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “O Lord of Hosts” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 178
1. O Lord of Hosts, we now invoke Thy Spirit most divine To cleanse our hearts while we partake The broken bread and wine.
2. May we forever think of thee And of thy suff’rings sore, Endured for us on Calvary, And praise thee evermore.
3. Prepare our minds that we may see The beauties of thy grace, Salvation purchased on that tree For all who seek thy face.
4. As brethren, let us ever live In fellowship and peace! Forgive, that God may us forgive, That love may still increase.
5. May union, peace, and love abound, And perfect harmony, And joy in one continual round Through all eternity.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English