As Children of Zion
Author: Henry Maiben
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Danish: Zion sig fryder
- Dutch: Wij, kind’ren van Zion
- English: As Children of Zion
- French: Enfants de Sion, exaltons notre Dieu
- German: Als Kinder von Zion die Stimme erhebt
- Hawaiian: Ke Ulu Nei O Ziona
- Japanese: われらシオンの子らとして
- Norwegian: Hør Guds barn i Sion
- Spanish: Ya Crece Sión
- Tongan: Hange ko e fanau ʻa Saione
Most common tunes for “As Children of Zion”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “As Children of Zion” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
The Children Sing (1951), no. 72
Arranger: Charles J. Thomas
1. As children of Zion our voices we’ll raise In songs of rejoicing, thanksgiving and praise; We’re happy and free, As mortals can be,
And Zion, Zion, Zion is growing, Zion, Zion, Zion is growing.
2. In song shall our Father and God be adored, For he hath in mercy the gospel restored; And we in our youth Can vouch for its truth,
For Zion, Zion, Zion is growing, Zion, Zion, Zion is growing.
3. We hope to prove faithful to God and his laws, And aid the advancement of Zion’s great cause; For therein is joy, Which none can destroy;
Thus Zion, Zion, Zion is growing, Zion, Zion, Zion is growing.
4. All praise to our Father, his Priesthood and pow’r, And thanks for his blessings he on us doth show’r; Whereby we progress, As onward we press,
While Zion, Zion, Zion is growing, Zion, Zion, Zion is growing.