Composer: Joseph Ballantyne
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Danish: Skønne sommerdage
- Dutch: Zomertijd
- English: Summertime
- Finnish: Kesän aika
- French: Jours de gloire et de clarté
- German: Sommerzeit, du schöne Zeit
- Japanese: [Unknown title]
- Norwegian: Skjønne sommerdager
- Portuguese: Verão
- Spanish: Días de Verano
- Swedish: Sköna sommardagar
- Tahitian: Te tau maru
Most common tunes for “Summertime”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Summertime” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Days of summer glory, Days I love to see, All your scenes so brilliant, They are dear to me Let your thot’s be ever, Pure as yonder sun, Gentle as the breezes When the night goes on.
2. Meadow, field and mountain, Clothed in shining green, Little rippling fountains, Thro’ the willows seen, Birds that sweetly warble All the summer days, All things speak in music Their Creator’s praise.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English