Reverently and Meekly Now
Author: Joseph L. Townsend
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: Me Nderim, But’si Tani
- Cebuano: Pagmatinahuron Na
- Croatian: S poštovanjem, ponizno
- Czech: Uctivě a s pokorou
- Danish: Ydmygt med ærbødighed
- Dutch: Eerbied! Verootmoedigt u!
- English: Reverently and Meekly Now
- English Braille: ⠠⠗⠑⠧⠻⠢⠞⠇⠽ ⠯ ⠠⠍⠑⠑⠅⠇⠽ ⠠⠝⠪
- Estonian: Alandlikult kummarda
- Finnish: Hartaana ja nöyrästi
- French: Viens vers moi
- French (French Polynesia): Ma te Aau Haehae
- German: Neig in heilger Andacht
- Hawaiian: Kulou Hoomaikai
- Italian: Riverentemente or
- Japanese: 敬い崇め
- Japanese (Hiragana): 敬い崇め
- Japanese (Kanji): 敬い崇め
- Kekchi: Chi tuulan, ut chi tuqtu
- Khmer (Cambodian): ចូរមានគារវៈ និងរាបទាប
- Korean: 경건하고 겸손히
- Latvian: Godbijīgā pielūgsmē
- Maori: Tuohu te Matenga
- Norwegian: Ydmyk med ærbødighet
- Polish: Kornie w ciszy opuść wzrok
- Romanian: Blând, umil și cuvios
- Samoan: Ifo Mai ia Nei Outou
- Spanish: Mansos, reverentes hoy
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠍⠁⠝⠎⠕⠎⠂ ⠗⠑⠧⠻⠢⠞⠑⠎ ⠓⠕⠽
- Swedish: Andaktsfullt ditt huvud böj
- Tagalog: Mapitagan at Aba
- Tahitian: Ma te Aau Haehae
- Tongan: Tau Lotu pea Tau Hū
- Ukrainian: Із смиренням у душі
Most common tunes for “Reverently and Meekly Now”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Reverently and Meekly Now” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Rev’rently and meekly now, Let thy head most humbly bow. Think of me, thou ransomed one; Think what I for thee have done. With my blood that dripped like rain, Sweat in agony of pain, With my body on the tree I have ransomed even thee.
2. In this bread now blest for thee, Emblem of my body see; In this water or this wine, Emblem of my blood divine. Oh, remember what was done That the sinner might be won. On the cross of Calvary I have suffered death for thee.
3. Bid thine heart all strife to cease; With thy brethren be at peace. Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be E’en forgiven now by me. In the solemn faith of prayer Cast upon me all thy care, And my Spirit’s grace shall be Like a fountain unto thee.
4. At the throne I intercede; For thee ever do I plead. I have loved thee as thy friend, With a love that cannot end. Be obedient, I implore, Prayerful, watchful evermore, And be constant unto me, That thy Savior I may be.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English