Ring Out, Wild Bells
Author: Alfred Tennyson
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: Bini Zile në Qiellin Lart
- Bulgarian: Камбани, звънете буйно
- English: Ring Out, Wild Bells
- English Braille: ⠠⠗⠔⠛ ⠠⠳⠞⠂ ⠠⠺⠊⠇⠙ ⠠⠃⠑⠇⠇⠎
- Finnish: Te soikaa, kellot
- French: O cloches volant vers les cieux
- German: Der Glocke Klang hoch zum Himmel klingt
- Italian: Un dolce suon si libra in ciel
- Kekchi: Kampaan, chiru choxa bʼichan
- Lithuanian: Aidėkit, varpai
- Norwegian: Ring, ville klokkor
- Russian: Звоните громче, колокола
- Swedish: Nyårsklockan (O, klocka, ring)
- Ukrainian: Дзвін перемін
Most common tunes for “Ring Out, Wild Bells”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Ring Out, Wild Bells” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 215
1. Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky, The flying cloud, the frosty light. The year is dying in the night; Ring out, wild bells, and let him die. The year is dying in the night; Ring out, wild bells, and let him die.
2. Ring out the old; ring in the new. Ring, happy bells, across the snow. The year is going; let him go. Ring out the false; ring in the true. The year is going; let him go. Ring out the false; ring in the true.
3. Ring in the valiant men and free, The larger heart, the kindlier hand. Ring out the darkness of the land; Ring in the Christ that is to be. Ring out the darkness of the land; Ring in the Christ that is to be.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English