Behold Thy Sons and Daughters, Lord
Author: Parley P. Pratt
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Danish: Velsign hver søn og datter, Gud
- Dutch: Aanschouw Uw kind’ren hier, o Heer
- English: Behold Thy Sons and Daughters, Lord
- English Braille: ⠠⠃⠑⠓⠕⠇⠙ ⠠⠹⠽ ⠠⠎⠕⠝⠎ ⠯ ⠠⠙⠁⠥⠣⠞⠻⠎⠂ ⠠⠇⠕⠗⠙
- Finnish: Sun kanssas, Herra liittohon
- French: Le Saint-Esprit soit avec nous
- French (French Polynesia): Hi’o Mai e te Fatu i to Mau Tamarii
- German: Sieh deine Söhn und Töchter, Herr!
- Korean: 보소서 안수를 받는 주님의 자녀들
- Lithuanian: Štai, Viešpatie, tavi vaikai
- Norwegian: Se Herre, dine barn idag
- Polish: Na córki, synów, Panie, spójrz
- Portuguese: Eis os Teus Filhos, Ó Senhor
- Swedish: Välsigna dina barn
- Tahitian: Hi’o Mai e te Fatu i to Mau Tamarii
- Tongan: ʻE fanau ʻa e ʻEiki
- Vietnamese: Behold Thy Sons and Daughters, Lord
Most common tunes for “Behold Thy Sons and Daughters, Lord”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Behold Thy Sons and Daughters, Lord” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 238
1. Behold thy sons and daughters, Lord, On whom we lay our hands. They have fulfilled the gospel word And bowed at thy commands.
2. Oh, now send down the heav’nly dove And overwhelm their souls With peace and joy and perfect love, As lambs within thy fold.
3. Seal them by thine own Spirit’s pow’r, Which purifies from sin, And may they find, from this good hour, They are adopted in.
4. Increase their faith, confirm their hope, And guide them in the way. With comfort bear their spirits up Until the perfect day.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English