Now We’ll Sing with One Accord
Author: William W. Phelps
Composer: Joseph J. Daynes
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: Me nj’Zë do Këndojm’ Tani
- Bulgarian: Пеем дружно в един глас
- Danish: Syng med fryd af hjertet ud
- Dutch: Zing verheugd met hart en mond
- English: Now We’ll Sing with One Accord
- English Braille: ⠠⠝⠪ ⠠⠺⠑⠦⠄⠇⠇ ⠠⠎⠔⠛ ⠾ ⠠⠕⠝⠑ ⠠⠁⠉⠉⠕⠗⠙
- Finnish: Kiittämään nyt käykää, oi
- French: Ce jour nous rendons honneur
- French (French Polynesia): Himene Amui Tatou no te Hoê Peropheta
- German: Kommt und singt nun nah und fern
- Italian: Canteremo d’un solo cor
- Korean: 소리 모아 노래해
- Norwegian: Vi vil stemme i et kor
- Russian: Вместе будем петь хвалу
- Swedish: Höj en tacksam lovsångs ljud
- Tahitian: Himene Amui Tatou no te Hoê Peropheta
- Tongan: Tau hiva leʻo lahi
Most common tunes for “Now We’ll Sing with One Accord”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Now We’ll Sing with One Accord” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 25
1. Now we’ll sing with one accord, For a prophet of the Lord, Bringing forth his precious word, Cheers the Saints as anciently. When the world in darkness lay, Lo! he sought the better way, And he heard the Savior say, “Go and prune my vineyard, son!”
2. And an angel surely then, For a blessing unto men, Brought the priesthood back again In its ancient purity. Even Joseph he inspired; Yea, his heart he truly fired With the light that he desired For the work of righteousness.
3. And the Book of Mormon true, With its cov’nant ever new, For the Gentile and the Jew, He translated sacredly. God’s commandments to mankind, For believing Saints designed, And to bless the seeking mind, Came to him from Jesus Christ.
4. Precious are the years to come, While the righteous gather home For the great millennium, When they’ll rest in blessedness. Prudent in this world of woes, They will triumph o’er their foes, While the realm of Zion grows Purer for eternity.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English