I’ll Serve the Lord While I Am Young
Author: Eliza R. Snow
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Chinese (Traditional): [Unknown title]
- Danish: Jeg tjener Gud, mens jeg er ung
- Dutch: Ik dien de Heer vanaf mijn jeugd
- English: I’ll Serve the Lord While I Am Young
- Finnish: Mä nuoruudessain palvella
- French: Je servirai le Seigneur
- German: Ich will schon in der frühen Stund
- Hawaiian: E Hahai Au I Kuu Alii
- Icelandic: Ég góðum Guði þjóna vil
- Italian: Servirò il Signore
- Japanese: [Unknown title]
- Korean: [Unknown title]
- Maori: Me Mahi Au ki te Atua
- Norwegian: Jeg tjener Gud mens jeg er ung
- Portuguese: Dedicarei minha Juventude ao Senhor
- Samoan: Ou Te Auauna I Le Alii A O Ou Talavou
- Spanish: Dedicaré Mi Juventud al Señor
- Swedish: Jag tjänar Gud
- Tongan: Te u Kumi ki he ʻEiki
- All Languages →
Most common tunes for “I’ll Serve the Lord While I Am Young”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “I’ll Serve the Lord While I Am Young” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. I’ll serve the Lord while I am young, And in my early days, Devote the music of my tongue To my Redeemer’s praise. I’ll praise His name, that He has giv’n Me parentage and birth Among the most beloved of heav’n That dwell upon the earth.
2. O Lord, my parents here preserve, To teach me righteousness, That my young feet may never swerve From paths of holiness. And, like the faithful ones of old Who now behold Thy face, May I be formed in virtue’s mould To fill a holy place.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English