Arise, O God, and Shine
Author: William Hurn
Composer: John Darwall
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Cebuano: Ipakita, O Dios, ug Ipadan-ag
- Chinese (Simplified): 神啊，兴起发光
- Chinese (Traditional): 神啊，興起發光
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Shén ā, xīngqǐ fāguāng
- English: Arise, O God, and Shine
- English Braille: ⠠⠁⠗⠊⠎⠑⠂ ⠠⠕ ⠠⠛⠕⠙⠂ ⠯ ⠠⠩⠔⠑
- Estonian: Oo tõuse, Jumal
- Romanian: Apari, o, Dumnezeu
- Tagalog: O Diyos, Magliwanag
Most common tunes for “Arise, O God, and Shine”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Arise, O God, and Shine” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Arise, O God, and shine In all thy saving might, And prosper each design To spread thy glorious light; Let healing streams of mercy flow, That all the earth thy truth may know.
2. Bring distant nations near To sing thy glorious praise; Let ev’ry people hear And learn thy holy ways. Reign, mighty God, assert thy cause, And govern by thy righteous laws.
3. Put forth thy glorious pow’r, That Gentiles all may see, And earth present her store In converts born to thee. O Lord, our God, thy Church so bless, And fill the world with righteousness.
4. To God, the only wise, The one immortal King, Let hallelujahs rise From ev’ry living thing; Let all that breathe, on ev’ry coast, Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.