Come, All Whose Souls Are Lighted
Author: Reginald Heber
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Afrikaans: Daar Kom van Groenlands’ Berge
- Czech: Žádost pohanů
- Danish: Til Grønlands hvide Fjælde
- Dutch: Van Groenlands kust in ’t noorden
- English: Come, All Whose Souls Are Lighted
- English Braille: ⠠⠉⠕⠍⠑⠂ ⠠⠁⠇⠇ ⠠⠱⠕⠎⠑ ⠠⠎⠳⠇⠎ ⠠⠁⠗⠑ ⠠⠇⠊⠣⠞⠫
- Finnish: Afrikan aava santa
- French: Le monde en sa démence
- German: Von Grönlands eisgen Zinken
- Japanese: 高き知恵もて
- Japanese (Hiragana): 高き知恵もて
- Japanese (Kanji): 高き知恵もて
- Korean: 저 북방 얼음산
- Norwegian: Fra Grønlands kolde fjeller
- Polish: Niech wszystkie ludzkie dusze
- Portuguese: De Um a Outro Pólo
- Spanish: De Cerros de Islanda
- Tongan: Mei he ʻotu moʻunga
Most common tunes for “Come, All Whose Souls Are Lighted”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Come, All Whose Souls Are Lighted” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Come, all whose souls are lighted With wisdom from on high. Shall we, to men benighted, The lamp of life deny? Salvation! Oh, salvation! The joyful sound proclaim, Till earth’s remotest nation Has learned Messiah’s name.
2. From Greenland’s icy mountains, From India’s coral strand, Where Afric’s sunny fountains Roll down their golden sand, From many an ancient river, From many a palmy plain, They call us to deliver Their land from error’s chain.
3. Go tell, ye winds, his story, And mighty waters, roll, Till, like a sea of glory, It spreads from pole to pole; Till o’er our ransomed nature The Lamb, for sinners slain, Redeemer, King, Creator In bliss returns to reign.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English