If You Could Hie to Kolob
Author: William W. Phelps
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: N’se Nxiton te Kolobi
- Bulgarian: Ако можеше до Колоб да стигнеш
- Croatian: Pohrliš li na Kolob
- Czech: Kdybys dospěl na Kolob
- English: If You Could Hie to Kolob
- English Braille: ⠠⠊⠋ ⠠⠽⠳ ⠠⠉⠳⠇⠙ ⠠⠓⠊⠑ ⠞⠕ ⠠⠅⠕⠇⠕⠃
- Estonian: Kui saaksid Kolobile minna
- Fijian: Tou Lako ki Kolobo
- French: Eternel est notre espace
- French (French Polynesia): Ahiri e Reva Tatou i Koloba ra
- Hawaiian: Ke Ao O Kolobo
- Hungarian: Ha a Kolobra juthatnál
- Italian: Se a Kolob tu potessi
- Japanese: またたくひまに
- Kekchi: Wi ta toj saʼ Kolob
- Khmer (Cambodian): បើអ្នកអាចរត់ដល់កូឡុប
- Korean: 눈 깜박하는 사이
- Latvian: Kolobu ja aizsniegtu
- Lithuanian: Net Kolobą jei pajėgtum per akimirksnį pasiekt
- Polish: Gdy mógłbyś tam, gdzie Kolob
- Portuguese: Se tu ao astro Kolob
- Romanian: Dacă te-ai grăbi spre Kolob
- Russian: Когда б ты Колоба достиг
- Spanish: Si Tú al Astro Sirio
- Tahitian: Ahiri e Reva Tatou i Koloba ra
- Tongan: Ka ne Ke ʻAlu ki Kolapa
- Ukrainian: Якби ти до Колоба злетів
Most common tunes for “If You Could Hie to Kolob”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “If You Could Hie to Kolob” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 284
Arranger: Ralph Vaughan Williams
1. If you could hie to Kolob In the twinkling of an eye, And then continue onward With that same speed to fly, Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity, Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
2. Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend? Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end? Methinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’ Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
3. The works of God continue, And worlds and lives abound; Improvement and progression Have one eternal round. There is no end to matter; There is no end to space; There is no end to spirit; There is no end to race.
4. There is no end to virtue; There is no end to might; There is no end to wisdom; There is no end to light. There is no end to union; There is no end to youth; There is no end to priesthood; There is no end to truth.
5. There is no end to glory; There is no end to love; There is no end to being; There is no death above. There is no end to glory; There is no end to love; There is no end to being; There is no death above.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English