Oh, What Songs of the Heart
Author: Joseph L. Townsend
Composer: William Clayson
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Armenian (West): [Unknown title]
- Cebuano: O, Unsa ang Awit sa Kasingkasing
- Croatian: Pjevajmo srcem svim
- English: Oh, What Songs of the Heart
- English Braille: ⠠⠕⠓⠂ ⠠⠱⠁⠞ ⠠⠎⠕⠝⠛⠎ ⠷ ⠮ ⠠⠓⠑⠁⠗⠞
- Hawaiian: Hui Hauoli Ana Ma O
- Japanese: われら天にまた会うとき
- Japanese (Hiragana): われら天にまた会うとき
- Japanese (Kanji): われら天にまた会うとき
- Kekchi: Kʼaʼjoʼaq xbʼich li qaam
- Khmer (Cambodian): ឱ ! ចម្រៀងនៃដួងចិត្ត
- Korean: 우리의 본향에 또 다시 모일 때
- Latvian: Ak, cik līksmi un sirsnīgi dziedāsim mēs!
- Romanian: Cântecul inimii
- Russian: Песни сердца
- Samoan: E Pepese Tatou i Lugā
- Tagalog: O, Awit ng Puso
- Tongan: Ko e Hiva ʻo e Lotó
- Ukrainian: О, який пречудовий лунатиме спів
Most common tunes for “Oh, What Songs of the Heart”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Oh, What Songs of the Heart” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 286
1. Oh, what songs of the heart We shall sing all the day, When again we assemble at home, When we meet ne’er to part With the blest o’er the way, There no more from our loved ones to roam! When we meet ne’er to part, Oh, what songs of the heart We shall sing in our beautiful home.
2. Tho our rapture and bliss There’s no song can express, We will shout, we will sing o’er and o’er, As we greet with a kiss, And with joy we caress All our loved ones that passed on before; As we greet with a kiss, In our rapture and bliss, All our loved ones that passed on before.
3. Oh, the visions we’ll see In that home of the blest, There’s no word, there’s no thought can impart, But our rapture will be All the soul can attest, In the heavenly songs of the heart; But our rapture will be In the vision we’ll see Best expressed in the songs of the heart.
4. Oh, what songs we’ll employ! Oh, what welcome we’ll hear! While our transports of love are complete, As the heart swells with joy In embraces most dear When our heavenly parents we meet! As the heart swells with joy, Oh, what songs we’ll employ, When our heavenly parents we meet!
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English