The time is nigh, that happy time
Author: Mrs. Voke; Parley P. Pratt
Composer: Joseph J. Daynes
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- English: The time is nigh, that happy time
Most common tunes for “The time is nigh, that happy time”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “The time is nigh, that happy time” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Sacred Hymns (Manchester Hymnal) (1840, 1912), no. 4
1. The time is night, the happy time, That great, expected, blessed day, When countless thousands of our race Shall dwell with Christ, and Him obey.
2. The prophecies must be fulfilled, Though earth and hell should dare oppose; The stone out of the mountain cut, Though unobserved, a kingdom grows.
3. The blended image soon shall fall— Brass, silver, iron, gold and clay; And superstition’s dreadful reign To light and liberty give way.
4. In one sweet symphony of praise, The Jews and Gentiles will united; And infidelity, o’ercome, Return again to endless night.
5. From east to west, from north to south, The Savior’s kingdom shall extend, And every man in every place Shall meet a brother and a friend.