Praise to God, immortal praise
Author: Anna L. Barbauld; Stewart’s Collection
Composer: Ebenezer Beesley
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- English: Praise to God, immortal praise
- Portuguese: Para sempre exaltai
- Spanish: Para Siempre Alabad a Dios
Most common tunes for “Praise to God, immortal praise”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Praise to God, immortal praise” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Praise to God, immortal praise, For the love that crowns our days; Bounteous source of every joy, Let Thy praise our tongues emply.
2. For the blessings of the field, For the stores the gardens yield, For the vine’s enlivening juice, For the generous olive’s use.
3. Flocks that whiten all the plain, Yellow sheaves of ripened grain, Clouds that drop their fatn’ing dews, Suns that temperate warmth diffuse.
4. All that Spring, with bounteous hand Scatters o’er the smiling land, All that liberal Autumn pours From its rich, o’erflowing stores.
5. Thanks to Thee, our God, we owe, Source from whence all blessings flow! And for these our souls shall raise Grateful vows and solemn praise.