They, the Builders of the Nation
Author: Ida Romney Alldredge
Composer: Alfred M. Durham
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Chinese (Traditional): [Unknown title]
- English: They, the Builders of the Nation
- English Braille: ⠠⠮⠽⠂ ⠮ ⠠⠃⠥⠊⠇⠙⠻⠎ ⠷ ⠮ ⠠⠝⠁⠞⠊⠕⠝
- Fijian: Ira Na Tauyavu Taka
- Japanese: 国を造りたる
- Japanese (Hiragana): 国を造りたる
- Japanese (Kanji): 国を造りたる
- Norwegian: De som bygger opp nasjonen
- Swedish: Kom, hjälp till att riket bygga
- Tongan: Ko e ngaue ʻo e Puleʻanga
Most common tunes for “They, the Builders of the Nation”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “They, the Builders of the Nation” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. They, the builders of the nation, Blazing trails along the way; Stepping-stones for generations Were their deeds of ev’ry day. Building new and firm foundations, Pushing on the wild frontier, Forging onward, ever onward, Blessed, honored Pioneer!
2. Service ever was their watchcry; Love became their guiding star; Courage, their unfailing beacon, Radiating near and far. Ev’ry day some burden lifted, Ev’ry day some heart to cheer, Ev’ry day some hope the brighter, Blessed, honored Pioneer!
3. As an ensign to the nation, They unfurled the flag of truth, Pillar, guide, and inspiration To the hosts of waiting youth. Honor, praise, and veneration To the founders we revere! List our song of adoration, Blessed, honored Pioneer!
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English