O Saints of Zion
Author: Ed M. Rowe
Composer: Robert P. Manookin
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Bulgarian: Светии на Сион
- Chinese (Simplified): 锡安圣徒
- Chinese (Traditional): 錫安聖徒
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Xí’ān Shèngtú
- Dutch: O volk van Zion
- English: O Saints of Zion
- English Braille: ⠠⠕ ⠠⠎⠁⠔⠞⠎ ⠷ ⠠⠵⠊⠕⠝
- Italian: O santi di Sion
- Korean: 시온의 모든 아들아
- Tongan: Ke fanongo ʻa e ngaahi fanau
Most common tunes for “O Saints of Zion”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “O Saints of Zion” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 39
1. O Saints of Zion, hear the voice Of Him from courts on high. Prepare the pathway of the Lord; His reign on earth is nigh. Prepare the supper of the Lamb; Invite the world to dine. Behold, the mighty Bridegroom comes In majesty divine.
2. Entreat the Lord in humble prayer That all the sons of men His righteous kingdom will receive And shout the glad “amen.” The sacred keys are now restored; Declare the gospel plan. Make known the wondrous words of truth Revealed again to man.
3. Behold, the glory of the Lord Sets Zion’s mount aglow, For Zion is an ensign pure; All nations to her flow. O Saints of Zion, tread the paths Your faithful fathers trod. Lift up your hearts in gratitude And serve the living God!
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English