Lo, the Mighty God Appearing!
Author: William Goode
Composer: Evan Stephens
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Bulgarian: Бог Иехова с гръм заговори
- Chinese (Simplified): 看哪，伟大父神君临！
- Chinese (Traditional): 看哪，偉大父神君臨！
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Kàn nǎ, wěidà Fùshén jūn lín
- Danish: Som basuner lyder råbet
- Dutch: Ziet de sterke God verschijnen
- English: Lo, the Mighty God Appearing!
- English Braille: ⠠⠇⠕⠂ ⠮ ⠠⠍⠊⠣⠞⠽ ⠠⠛⠕⠙ ⠠⠁⠏⠏⠑⠁⠗⠔⠛⠖
- Finnish: Katso, saapuu loistossansa
- French: Le grand Dieu se manifeste
- German: Seht den mächtgen Gott erscheinen
- Hawaiian: Eiaʻe Ke Akua Mana
- Korean: 하나님 나타나셨다
- Latvian: Klāt Tā Kunga lielā diena
- Maori: Kei te Puta Mai te Atua!
- Norwegian: Se! en mektig Gud seg viser
- Portuguese: Vem surgindo em glória
- Spanish: Jehová aparece en Su gloria
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠚⠑⠓⠕⠧ ⠁⠏⠁⠗⠑⠉⠑ ⠢ ⠠⠎⠥ ⠛⠇⠕⠗⠊⠁
- Tongan: Vakai ki hotau ʻOtua
Most common tunes for “Lo, the Mighty God Appearing!”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Lo, the Mighty God Appearing!” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 55
1. Lo, the mighty God appearing! From on high Jehovah speaks! Eastern lands the summons hearing, O’er the west his thunder breaks. Earth behold him! Earth behold him! Universal nature shakes. Earth behold him! Earth behold him! Universal nature shakes.
2. Zion, all its light unfolding, God in glory shall display. Lo! he comes! nor silence holding; Fire and clouds prepare his way. Tempests round him! Tempests round him! Hasten on the dreadful day. Tempests round him! Tempests round him! Hasten on the dreadful day.
3. To the heav’ns his voice ascending, To the earth beneath he cries. Souls immortal, now descending, Let their sleeping dust arise! Rise to judgment! Rise to judgment! Let thy throne adorn the skies. Rise to judgment! Rise to judgment! Let thy throne adorn the skies.
4. Now the heav’ns on high adore him And his righteousness declare. Sinners perish from before him, But his Saints his mercies share. Just his judgments! Just his judgments! God, himself the judge, is there. Just his judgments! Just his judgments! God, himself the judge, is there.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English