Come, O Thou King of Kings
Author: Parley P. Pratt
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: Eja, Mbret i Mbret’ve
- American Sign Language: Come, O Thou King of Kings
- Arabic: تعال يا ملك الملوك
- Aymara: Jutamay Jach’a Apu
- Bulgarian: Ела, Царю, от небеса!
- Cebuano: Dali, O Hari sa mga Hari
- Chinese (Simplified): 万王之王请来
- Chinese (Traditional): 萬王之王請來
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Wàn wáng zhī wáng qǐnglái
- Croatian: O, dođi, Kralju naš
- Czech: Přijď, Králi králů, zas
- Danish: O, kom, du Konge, kom
- Dutch: Kom, o Gij Vredevorst
- English: Come, O Thou King of Kings
- English Braille: ⠠⠉⠕⠍⠑⠂ ⠠⠕ ⠠⠹⠳ ⠠⠅⠔⠛ ⠷ ⠠⠅⠔⠛⠎ ⠠⠶⠍⠢⠦⠄⠎ ⠠⠡⠕⠊⠗⠶
- Estonian: Oh tule, Kuningas
- Fijian: Bau Mai Na Tui Ni Tui
- Finnish: Kuningas kuningasten
- French: O viens, toi, Roi des rois
- French (French Polynesia): A Haere Mai, Te Arii
- German: Komm, o du Heiland hehr
- Hmong: Los, Vaj Ntxwv tus Vaj Ntxwv
- Hungarian: Jöjj el, ó, nagy Király!
- Icelandic: Kom, kóngur konunganna
- Indonesian: Datang, Maha Raja
- Italian: Deh, vieni, o Re dei re
- Japanese: 来ませ，王の王
- Japanese (Hiragana): 来ませ，王の王
- Japanese (Kanji): 来ませ，王の王
- Kekchi: Chalqat, xReyebʼ li rey
- Khmer (Cambodian): សូមយាង ឱ ស្តេចនៃស្តេច !
- Korean: 오래 기다리던 만왕의 왕
- Latvian: Ak, nāc jel, kungu Kungs!
- Lithuanian: Ateik, Karaliau, o ateik
- Maori: Nau Mai, te Kingi Nui
- Norwegian: Du kongers konge, kom
- Polish: Przyjdź Królu, Panie nasz!
- Portuguese: Ó Vem, Supremo Rei
- Romanian: Vino, Rege al regilor!
- Russian: Приди, о Царь царей!
- Samoan: Le Tupu o tupu, Afio Mai
- Spanish: Oh Rey de reyes, ven
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠕⠓ ⠠⠗⠑⠽ ⠙⠑ ⠗⠑⠽⠑⠎⠂ ⠧⠢
- Swedish: Du, jordens Konung, kom
- Tagalog: Halina, Hari ng Lahat
- Tahitian: A Haere Mai, Te Arii
- Thai: มาเถิดเจ้าแห่งราชา
- Tongan: Haʻu ʻa e Tuʻi ʻo e Ngaahi Tuʻi
- Ukrainian: Прийди, о Цар царів
Most common tunes for “Come, O Thou King of Kings”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Come, O Thou King of Kings” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 59
1. Come, O thou King of Kings! We’ve waited long for thee, With healing in thy wings, To set thy people free. Come, thou desire of nations, come; Let Israel now be gathered home.
2. Come, make an end to sin, And cleanse the earth by fire, And righteousness bring in, That Saints may tune the lyre With songs of joy, a happier strain, To welcome in thy peaceful reign.
3. Hosannas now shall sound From all the ransomed throng, And glory echo round A new triumphal song; The wide expanse of heaven fill With anthems sweet from Zion’s hill.
4. Hail! Prince of life and peace! Thrice welcome to thy throne! While all the chosen race Their Lord and Savior own, The heathen nations bow the knee, And ev’ry tongue sounds praise to thee.