Great Is the Lord
Author: Eliza R. Snow
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified): 至高之神
- Chinese (Traditional): 至高之神
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Zhìgāo zhī Shén
- Danish: Stor Herren er, og til hans Pris
- English: Great Is the Lord
- English Braille: ⠠⠛⠗⠑⠁⠞ ⠠⠊⠎ ⠮ ⠠⠇⠕⠗⠙
- Hawaiian: Nani Ka Mana O Ke Alii
- Norwegian: Stor Herren er, og til hans pris
- Spanish: Al Nombre del Gran Jehová
- Swedish: Stor Herren är, och till hans pris
- Tongan: Ko e ʻOtua mafimafi
Most common tunes for “Great Is the Lord”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Great Is the Lord” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 77
1. Great is the Lord; ’tis good to praise His high and holy name. Well may the Saints in latter days His wondrous love proclaim.
2. The Comforter is sent again, His pow’r the Church attends, And with the faithful will remain Till Jesus Christ descends.
3. We’ll praise him for a prophet’s voice, His people’s steps to guide; In this we do and will rejoice, Tho all the world deride.
4. To praise him let us all engage, For unto us is giv’n To live in this momentous age And share the light of heav’n.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English