Great God, Attend While Zion Sings
Author: Isaac Watts
Composer: Joseph J. Daynes
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: Per’ndi t’Jesh kur Sioni Këndon
- Bulgarian: Святи Боже в небесата
- Danish: O Gud, lyt nu, mens Zion dig priser
- English: Great God, Attend While Zion Sings
- English Braille: ⠠⠛⠗⠑⠁⠞ ⠠⠛⠕⠙⠂ ⠠⠁⠞⠞⠢⠙ ⠠⠱⠊⠇⠑ ⠠⠵⠊⠕⠝ ⠠⠎⠔⠛⠎
- Hawaiian: Ke Akua E Hoolohe Mai
- Korean: 위대한 주여 들으소서
- Spanish: Ven, nuestra jubilosa voz
Most common tunes for “Great God, Attend While Zion Sings”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Great God, Attend While Zion Sings” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Great God, attend while Zion sings The joy that from thy presence springs. To spend one day with thee on earth Exceeds a thousand days of mirth.
2. Might I enjoy the meanest place Within thy house, O God of grace, No tents of ease or thrones of pow’r Should tempt my feet to leave thy door.
3. God is our sun; he makes our day. God is our shield; he guards our way From all assaults of hell and sin, From foes without and fears within.
4. All needful grace will God bestow And crown that grace with glory too. He gives us all things and withholds No blessings due to upright souls.
5. Our God, our King, whose sovereign sway The glorious hosts of heav’n obey (And devils at thy presence flee); Blest is the man that trusts in thee!
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English