Awake and Arise
1. Awake and arise, O ye slumbering nations! The heavens have opened their portals again. The last and the greatest of all dispensations Has burst like a dawn o’er the children of men!
2. The dream of the poet, the crown of the ages, The time which the prophets of Israel foretold, That glorious day only dreamed by the sages Is yours, O ye slumbering nations; behold!
3. Oh, lift up your voices in song and in story. Let banners of peace in all lands be unfurled, For truth, heaven-born, in its beauty and glory Is marching triumphantly over the world.
Text: Theodore E. Curtis, 1872–1957. © 1984 IRI
Music: Carolee Curtis Green, b. 1940. © 1984 IRI
- Author: Theodore E. Curtis
- Composer: Carolee Curtis Green
- Text: Awake and Arise
- Tune: Emerson
- Collection: Hymns (1985, 2002)