From All That Dwell below the Skies
1. From all that dwell below the skies, Let the Creator’s praise arise; Let the Redeemer’s name be sung Through ev’ry land, by ev’ry tongue.
2. In ev’ry land begin the song; To ev’ry land the strains belong. In cheerful sounds all voices raise And fill the world with loudest praise.
3. Your lofty themes, ye mortals, bring; In songs of praise divinely sing. The great salvation loud proclaim, And shout for joy the Savior’s name.
4. Eternal are thy mercies, Lord; Eternal truth attends thy word. Thy praise shall sound from shore to shore, Till suns shall rise and set no more.
Text: Isaac Watts, 1674–1748
Music: John Hatton, d. 1793
- Author: Isaac Watts
- Composer: John C. Hatton
- Collection: Hymns (1985, 2002)