God Speed the Right
Author: William E. Hickson
Composer: Ernst Moritz Arndt
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Bulgarian: Днес горещо Бога молим: благослови
- Cebuano: Katarung Ubanan Sa Dios
- Chinese (Traditional): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Qiú Jiùzhǔ lái zhǎng wǒ duò
- Croatian: S pravednim Bog
- Czech: Pomáhej Bůh
- Danish: Hør vor bøn til himlen stige
- Dutch: God sta ons bij
- English: God Speed the Right
- English Braille: ⠠⠛⠕⠙ ⠠⠎⠏⠑⠫ ⠮ ⠠⠗⠊⠣⠞
- Estonian: Õnnistust too
- Fijian: Keimami Sa Cabo Masu
- Finnish: Suo siunaus
- French: Unissons-nous en prière
- German: Herr des Himmels, hör’ uns flehen
- Italian: Ai Tuoi figli in terra
- Japanese: 正義を守れと主に祈る
- Japanese (Hiragana): 正義を守れと主に祈る
- Japanese (Kanji): 正義を守れと主に祈る
- Kekchi: Chitamq li us
- Khmer (Cambodian): ព្រះនឹងជួយយើង
- Korean: 하나님은 기도한 자 도우신다
- Norwegian: Vi til himlen bønnen sender
- Polish: Prawość nam daj
- Portuguese: Nossas Vozes Elevemos
- Romanian: Doamne, pe drepți Tu ajută-i!
- Samoan: Ia Fai Talosaga Pea
- Spanish: Dios da valor
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠙⠊⠕⠎ ⠙⠁ ⠧⠁⠇⠕⠗
- Tagalog: Diyos ang Gabay
- Tongan: Kuo aʻu ʻe tau lotu
Most common tunes for “God Speed the Right”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “God Speed the Right” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 106
1. Now to heav’n our prayer ascending, God speed the right; In a noble cause contending, God speed the right. Be our zeal in heav’n recorded, With success on earth rewarded. God speed the right. God speed the right.
2. Be that prayer again repeated, God speed the right; Ne’er despairing, though defeated, God speed the right. Like the great and good in story, If we fail, we fail with glory. God speed the right. God speed the right.
3. Patient, firm, and persevering, God speed the right; No event nor danger fearing, God speed the right. Pains, nor toils, nor trials heeding, And in heav’n’s good time succeeding, God speed the right. God speed the right.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English