Be Still, My Soul
Author: Katharina von Schlegel
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: Rri Qet’, O Shpirt
- Cebuano: Akong Kalag, Magmalinawon
- Chinese (Simplified): 我灵镇静
- Chinese (Traditional): 我靈鎮靜
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Wǒ líng zhènjìng
- Croatian: O, dušo, znaj
- Czech: Jen nezoufej
- Dutch: Kalm nu, mijn ziel
- English: Be Still, My Soul
- English Braille: ⠠⠃⠑ ⠠⠎⠞⠊⠇⠇⠂ ⠠⠍⠽ ⠠⠎⠳⠇
- Estonian: Vaiki, mu hing
- Fijian: Na Yaloqu Mo Vakanomodi
- French: Va, ne crains pas
- French (French Polynesia): To’u Varua: Tei te Fatu Oe
- Hungarian: Lelkem, nyugodj!
- Icelandic: Ver hljóð, mín sál
- Italian: Anima mia
- Kekchi: Hilan at waam
- Khmer (Cambodian): សូមទុកចិត្តទ្រង់
- Korean: 잠잠하라 내 영아
- Latvian: Lai miers tev, dvēsele!
- Lithuanian: Nurimk, širdie
- Polish: Spokojny bądź
- Romanian: Fii liniștit, sufletul meu
- Russian: Душа моя!
- Spanish: Calma mi alma
- Swedish: Min själ, dig gläd
- Tagalog: Pumayapa, Aking Kaluluwa
- Tahitian: To’u Varua: Tei te Fatu Oe
- Ukrainian: Душа моя, надію май завжди
Most common tunes for “Be Still, My Soul”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Be Still, My Soul” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 124
Translator: Jane L. Borthwick
1. Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side; With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; In ev’ry change he faithful will remain. Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav’nly Friend Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake To guide the future as he has the past. Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake; All now mysterious shall be bright at last. Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast’ning on When we shall be forever with the Lord, When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone, Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored. Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past, All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.