Awake, Ye Saints of God, Awake!
Author: Eliza R. Snow
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Cebuano: Pagmata Kamo Santos sa Dios!
- Danish: Vågn op, I Herrens folk
- Dutch: Ontwaakt, gij Heil’gen Gods, ontwaakt!
- English: Awake, Ye Saints of God, Awake!
- English Braille: ⠠⠁⠺⠁⠅⠑⠂ ⠠⠽⠑ ⠠⠎⠁⠔⠞⠎ ⠷ ⠠⠛⠕⠙⠂ ⠠⠁⠺⠁⠅⠑⠖
- Estonian: Oo, ärka unest, virgu sa!
- French: Allons, debout! Accourons tous!
- German: Wacht auf, ihr Heilgen!
- Hawaiian: E Ala Na Hoano Ke Akua
- Korean: 일어나라 주의 성도
- Maori: E Oho E te Hunga Tapu
- Norwegian: Våkn opp Guds folk, I hellige!
- Polish: Powstańcie, święci, zbudźcie się!
- Portuguese: Erguei-vos, santos
- Tagalog: Mga Banal ng Diyos, Gising!
- Tongan: ʻA ʻa e kakai ʻo e ʻOtua
Most common tunes for “Awake, Ye Saints of God, Awake!”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Awake, Ye Saints of God, Awake!” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 17
1. Awake, ye Saints of God, awake! Call on the Lord in mighty prayer That he will Zion’s bondage break And bring to naught the tempter’s snare, And bring to naught the tempter’s snare.
2. Tho Zion’s foes have counseled deep, Although they bind with fetters strong, The God of Jacob does not sleep; His vengeance will not slumber long; His vengeance will not slumber long.
3. With constant faith and fervent prayer, With deep humility of soul, With steadfast mind and heart, prepare To see th’eternal purpose roll, To see th’eternal purpose roll.
4. Awake to righteousness; be one, Or, saith the Lord, “Ye are not mine!” Yea, like the Father and the Son, Let all the Saints in union join. Let all the Saints in union join.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English