In Remembrance of Thy Suffering
Author: Evan Stephens
Composer: Evan Stephens
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: Në Kujtim të Vuajtjes Tënde
- Chinese (Traditional): [Unknown title]
- Croatian: Žrtve Krista sjećajmo se
- Danish: Kære Frelser, vi nu mindes
- Dutch: Wij gedenken deze stonde
- English: In Remembrance of Thy Suffering
- English Braille: ⠠⠔ ⠠⠗⠑⠍⠑⠍⠃⠗⠁⠝⠉⠑ ⠷ ⠠⠹⠽ ⠠⠎⠥⠋⠋⠻⠔⠛
- Estonian: On meil meeles Sinu ohver
- Fijian: Na Rarawa Ni Turaga
- Finnish: Kärsimistäs muistaen
- French: En mémoire de ces peines
- French (French Polynesia): Ia Haamana’o Matou i to Oe Mamae
- German: Zur Erinnrung an dein Leiden
- Hungarian: Fájdalmadra emlékezve
- Italian: Rimembranza del Tuo sangue
- Japanese: 罪人のために
- Japanese (Hiragana): 罪人のために
- Japanese (Kanji): 罪人のために
- Khmer (Cambodian): ក្នុងការចាំដល់ការរងទុក្ខទ្រង់
- Korean: 주의 고통 기억하여
- Norwegian: Vi nu nyter brødet, vannet
- Portuguese: Em memória do Calvário
- Spanish: En memoria de Tu muerte
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠢ ⠍⠑⠍⠕⠗⠊⠁ ⠙⠑ ⠞⠥ ⠍⠥⠻⠞⠑
- Swedish: Till erinran av din smärta
- Tahitian: Ia Haamana’o Matou i to Oe Mamae
- Tongan: ʻI he fakamanatu hoʻu mamahi ʻEiki
Most common tunes for “In Remembrance of Thy Suffering”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “In Remembrance of Thy Suffering” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. In remembrance of thy suff’ring, Lord, these emblems we partake, When thyself thou gav’st an off’ring, Dying for the sinner’s sake. We’ve forgiven as thou biddest All who’ve trespassed against us. Lord, forgive, as we’ve forgiven, All thou seest amiss in us.
2. Purify our hearts, our Savior; Let us go not far astray, That we may be counted worthy Of thy Spirit day by day. When temptations are before us, Give us strength to overcome. Always guard us in our wand’rings Till we leave our earthly home.
3. When thou comest in thy glory To this earth to rule and reign, And with faithful ones partakest Of the bread and wine again, May we be among the number Worthy to surround the board, And partake anew the emblems Of the suff’rings of our Lord.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English