O Jesus, The Giver of All
Author: Anon.; William W. Phelps
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- English: O Jesus, The Giver of All
Most common tunes for “O Jesus, The Giver of All”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “O Jesus, The Giver of All” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Sacred Hymns (Manchester Hymnal) (1840, 1912), no. 17
1. O Jesus, the giver Of all we enjoy, Our lives to Thy honor We wish to employ; With praises unceasing We’ll sing of Thy name; Thy goodness increasing, Thy love we’ll proclaim.
2. With joy we remember The dawn of that day, When cold as December In darkness we lay; The sweet invitation We heard with surprise, And witnessed salvation Flow down from the skies.
3. The wonderful name Of Jesus we’ll sing, And publish the fame Of our Captain and King. With sweet exultation His goodness we prove; His name is salvation His nature is love.
4. We now are enlisted In Jesus’ blest cause. Divinely assisted To conquer our foes: His grace will support us Till conflicts are o’er, He then will escort us To Zion’s bright shore.