O God, Our Help in Ages Past
Author: Isaac Watts
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Bulgarian: О, Боже, помощ в древността
- Danish: O Gud, vor hjælp i svundne tid
- Dutch: O God, mijn steun en toeverlaat
- English: O God, Our Help in Ages Past
- English Braille: ⠠⠕ ⠠⠛⠕⠙⠂ ⠠⠳⠗ ⠠⠓⠑⠇⠏ ⠔ ⠠⠁⠛⠑⠎ ⠠⠏⠁⠎⠞
- Finnish: Turvamme, Herra Jumala
- French: O Dieu, soutien de notre foi
- German: Du halfst uns, Herr, in frührer Zeit
- Hungarian: Atyánk, Te vagy reménységünk
- Italian: Aiuto del passato
- Japanese: ああ，神いつでも
- Japanese (Hiragana): ああ，神いつでも
- Japanese (Kanji): ああ，神いつでも
- Kekchi: At Dios, qatenqʼanel junxil
- Korean: 예부터 도움 되시고 내 소망 되신 주
- Lithuanian: Mums, Dieve, padedi seniai
- Norwegian: O Gud, vår hjelp fra evig tid
- Portuguese: Ó Deus, que deste
- Swedish: O Gud, vår hjälp i svunnen tid
- Tahitian: E te Fatu, Tei Tauturu
- Thai: พระเจ้า ผู้ช่วยเราในกาลเก่า
- Tongan: ʻE tokoni ʻe he ʻOtua
- Ukrainian: О Боже, світло наше Ти
- Zulu: O Baba bethu, Nkosi
Most common tunes for “O God, Our Help in Ages Past”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “O God, Our Help in Ages Past” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. O God, our help in ages past, Our hope for years to come, Our shelter from the stormy blast, And our eternal home.
2. Within the shadow of thy throne, Still may we dwell secure. Sufficient is thine arm alone, And our defense is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood, Or earth received her frame, From everlasting thou art God, To endless years the same.
4. O God, our help in ages past, Our hope for years to come, Be thou our guide while life shall last And our eternal home.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English