Book of Mormon Stories
Author: Elizabeth Fetzer Bates; Nancy K. Daines Carter
Composer: Elizabeth Fetzer Bates
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: Ngjarjet e Librit të Mormonit
- American Sign Language: Book of Mormon Stories
- Bulgarian: Разкази от Книгата на Мормон
- Cebuano: Mga Istorya sa Basahon ni Mormon
- Chinese (Simplified): 摩尔门经的故事
- Chinese (Traditional): 摩爾門經的故事
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Mó’ěrménjīng di gùshì
- Croatian: Priče iz Mormonove knjige
- Czech: Příběhy v Knize Mormonově
- Danish: Mormons Bog fortæller
- Dutch: Verhalen uit het Boek van Mormon
- English: Book of Mormon Stories
- Estonian: Mormoni Raamatu lood
- Fijian: iTalanoa ni iVola iMomani
- Finnish: Mormonin Kirjan tarinoita
- French: Dans le Livre de Mormon
- German: Geschichten aus dem Buch Mormon
- Hungarian: Történetek a Mormon könyvéből
- Icelandic: Sögur Mormónsbókar
- Indonesian: Kisah Kitab Mormon
- Italian: Le storie del Libro di Mormon
- Japanese: 『モルモン書』の物語
- Kekchi: Lix Hu laj Mormon naxkʼut
- Khmer (Cambodian): រឿងនិទានក្នុងគម្ពីរមរមន
- Korean: 몰몬경 이야기
- Latvian: Mormona Grāmatas stāsti
- Lithuanian: Mormono Knygos pasakojimai
- Mongolian: Мормоны Номын түүхүүд
- Navajo: Mormon Binaaltsoos Yá Halneʼíí
- Norwegian: Mormons bok forteller oss
- Polish: Opowieści z Księgi Mormona
- Portuguese: Histórias do Livro de Mórmon
- Romanian: Povestiri din Cartea lui Mormon
- Russian: Рассказы из Книги Мормона
- Samoan: Tala o le Tusi a Mamona
- Spanish: Historias del Libro de Mormón
- Swedish: Mormons boks berättelser
- Tagalog: Mga Kuwento sa Aklat ni Mormon
- Thai: เรื่องในพระคัมภีร์มอรมอน
- Tongan: Ngaahi Talanoa ʻo e Tohi ʻa Molomoná
- Ukrainian: Оповідання з Книги Мормона
Most common tunes for “Book of Mormon Stories”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Book of Mormon Stories” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Children’s Songbook (1989, 2017), p. 118
1. Book of Mormon stories that my teacher tells to me Are about the Lamanites in ancient history. Long ago their fathers came from far across the sea, Giv’n the land if they lived righteously.
2. Lamanites met others who were seeking liberty, And the land soon welcomed all who wanted to be free. Book of Mormon stories say that we must brothers be, Giv’n the land if we live righteously.
3. Alma was rebellious, and he fought against the right. Then one day an angel came to turn him to the light. Struck before his brethren, Alma learned humility. Then he taught in the land righteously.
4. Don’t forget Abinadi, who stood before the king. All chained up from head to toe, the gospel he did bring. If he would deny it, then the king would set him free. He was true, and he died righteously.
5. Ammon was a missionary serving Lamanites, Tending King Lamoni’s sheep for several days and nights. Robbers came; he saved the sheep by fighting fearlessly. He had learned he could live righteously.
6. Once two thousand sons of God were called to fight the foe. Marching as an army into battle they did go. They believed that Christ the Lord their guardian would be. They had learned they should live righteously.
7. Samuel the Lamanite, high on the city wall, Came to warn the people, and repentance was his call. Arrows could not hit him, for a man of God was he, And he taught in the land righteously.
8. (Slowly and reverently) After Christ was crucified and died for you and me, He came forth to teach the truth to all who would be free. Hands were laid upon each child. He blessed them tenderly, And they lived in the land righteously.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English