When I Go to Church
Author: Faye Glover Petersen
Composer: Faye Glover Petersen
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Chinese (Traditional): [Unknown title]
- Danish: Når jeg til Kirke går
- English: When I Go to Church
- Finnish: Kirkkoon käydessäin
- French: Quand je vais à l’église
- German: Wenn zur Kirch ich geh
- Icelandic: Ánægður ég í kirkju fer
- Italian: Quando vado in chiesa
- Japanese: 教会に行くのは
- Korean: [Unknown title]
- Mongolian: Сүмдээ очихдоо би
- Norwegian: Når jeg til kirken går
- Portuguese: Quando Vou a Igreja
- Samoan: Pe A Ou alu I Le Lotu
- Spanish: A la iglesia voy
- Swedish: När jag till kyrkan går
- Tongan: ʻI Heʻeku ʻAlu ki he Lotu
- All Languages →
Most common tunes for “When I Go to Church”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “When I Go to Church” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. I always have a happy feeling When I go to church. The organ plays so soft and sweet; I tiptoe softly to my seat. My teachers and my friends I greet When I go to church.
2. I like to raise my voice in singing When I go to church. I fold my arms and bow my head, Then listen while the prayer is said; I do not talk but think instead When I go to church.
3. I learn about my Heav’nly Father When I go to church. I thank him for each flow’r and tree, For home and friends and family, For all the lovely things I see When I go to church.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English