Come, Ye Disconsolate
Author: Thomas Moore; Thomas Hastings
Composer: Samuel Webbe
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- American Sign Language: Come, Ye Disconsolate
- Cebuano: Duol, Mong Naguol
- Chinese (Traditional): [Unknown title]
- Danish: Kom, sorgbetyngte sjæl
- Dutch: Komt, gij vermoeiden
- English: Come, Ye Disconsolate
- English Braille: ⠠⠉⠕⠍⠑⠂ ⠠⠽⠑ ⠠⠙⠊⠎⠉⠕⠝⠎⠕⠇⠁⠞⠑
- Finnish: Murheitten painamat, kutsu jo kuuluu
- French: Vous qui souffrez, venez
- French (French Polynesia): A Haere Mai, Outou te Feia Oto
- German: Kommt, o ihr Menschen all!
- Hawaiian: Hele Mai Ka Mea Kina
- Korean: 근심있는 자들 다 주께 오라
- Norwegian: Kom, du bedrøvede
- Samoan: O Maia Uma Nei
- Swedish: Kommen till Frälsaren, alla som sörjen
- Tagalog: Halina, Mga Nalulumbay
- Tahitian: A Haere Mai, Outou te Feia Oto
- Tongan: Ke mou haʻu kotoa haʻu ʻe ʻauhe
- All Languages →
Most common tunes for “Come, Ye Disconsolate”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Come, Ye Disconsolate” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Come, ye disconsolate, where’er ye languish; Come to the mercy seat, fervently kneel. Here bring your wounded hearts; here tell your anguish. Earth has no sorrow that heav’n cannot heal.
2. Joy of the desolate, Light of the straying, Hope of the penitent, fadeless and pure! Here speaks the Comforter, tenderly saying, “Earth has no sorrow that heav’n cannot cure.”
3. Here see the Bread of Life; see waters flowing Forth from the throne of God, pure from above. Come to the feast of love; come, ever knowing Earth has no sorrow but heav’n can remove.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English