As I Eat the Broken Bread
Author: D. Evan Davis
Composer: D. Evan Davis
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- English: As I Eat the Broken Bread
- French: En mangeant ce pain rompu
- Japanese: [Unknown title]
- Portuguese: Ao Tomar o Sacramento
- Spanish: Al comer el pan
Most common tunes for “As I Eat the Broken Bread”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “As I Eat the Broken Bread” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. As I eat the broken bread and drink the water clear, I try to think of Christ the Son and have his spirit near.
2. Pain and sorrow, hate and loss, he suffered all for me. Dear Savior, may I always be obedient unto Thee.