Hail to the Brightness of Zion’s Glad Morning!
Author: Thomas Hastings
Composer: Edwin F. Parry
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Bulgarian: Весело, ярко утро на Сион, привети!
- Chinese (Simplified): 锡安的快乐早晨
- Chinese (Traditional): 錫安的快樂早晨
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Xí’ān di kuàilè zǎochén
- Dutch: Groot is de glorie van Zions blijde morgen
- English: Hail to the Brightness of Zion’s Glad Morning!
- English Braille: ⠠⠓⠁⠊⠇ ⠞⠕ ⠮ ⠠⠃⠗⠊⠣⠞⠝⠑⠎⠎ ⠷ ⠠⠵⠊⠕⠝⠦⠄⠎ ⠠⠛⠇⠁⠙ ⠠⠍⠕⠗⠝⠔⠛⠖
- Estonian: Taas koidab hommik me Siioni üle
- Finnish: Terve, oi Siionin aamurusko!
- French: Salut, Sion!
- German: Heil sei dir, Zion!
- Hawaiian: Aia! Ke Ula Ke Ao O Ziona
- Italian: Salve al mattino di Sion
- Japanese: シオンの朝は輝き
- Japanese (Hiragana): シオンの朝は輝き
- Japanese (Kanji): シオンの朝は輝き
- Korean: 찬양하라 시온의 기쁜 아침을
- Maori: Nau Mai te Maramatanga
- Norwegian: Hill deg, o Sion, vi priser den morgen
- Samoan: Ua Tafa Ata o le Ao mo Samoa
- Spanish: ¡Salve, Sión! Es tu día ilustre
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠎⠁⠇⠧⠑⠂ ⠠⠎⠊ ⠝⠖ ⠠⠑⠎ ⠞⠥ ⠙ ⠁ ⠊⠇⠥⠎⠞⠗⠑
- Swedish: Hell dig, du Sions skönt strålande morgon
- Tongan: Kāingalotu Tau Hiva Hōsana
- Ukrainian: В Сіоні світлий і радісний ранок
Most common tunes for “Hail to the Brightness of Zion’s Glad Morning!”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Hail to the Brightness of Zion’s Glad Morning!” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
1. Hail to the brightness of Zion’s glad morning! Joy to the lands that in darkness have lain! Hushed be the accents of sorrow and mourning. Zion in triumph begins her glad reign.
2. Hail to the brightness of Zion’s glad morning, Long by the prophets of Israel foretold! Hail to the millions from bondage returning! Gentiles and Jews the glad vision behold.
3. Lo! in the desert the flowers are springing; Streams, ever copious, are gliding along. Loud from the mountaintops echoes are ringing; Wastes rise in verdure and mingle in song.
4. Hark! from all lands, from the isles of the ocean, Praise to Jehovah ascending on high. Fallen the engines of war and commotion; Shouts of salvation are rending the sky.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English