Where Can I Turn for Peace?
Author: Emma Lou Thayne
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Albanian: Ku Mund të Gjej Paqe?
- American Sign Language: Where Can I Turn for Peace?
- Bulgarian: Кой ми дарява мир?
- Cebuano: Ang Kalinaw Asa Ko Pangitaa?
- Croatian: Gdje mogu naći mir?
- Czech: Kdo setře slzu mou?
- Danish: Hvor kan jeg finde fred?
- Dutch: Waar is een toevluchtsoord?
- English: Where Can I Turn for Peace?
- English Braille: ⠠⠱⠻⠑ ⠠⠉⠁⠝ ⠠⠊ ⠠⠞⠥⠗⠝ ⠿ ⠠⠏⠑⠁⠉⠑⠢
- Estonian: Kust leian lohutust?
- Fijian: Meu Gole Tu Kivei
- Finnish: Missä on turvani?
- French: Où pourrais-je chercher?
- French (French Polynesia): I Hea Vau e Farii ai te Hau?
- German: Wo wird mir Trost zuteil?
- Hmong: Kev Kaj Siab Nyob Qhov Twg?
- Hungarian: Hol találok békét?
- Indonesian: Di Mana Kiranya Damai Sejaht’ra?
- Italian: Dove trovar potrò pace e conforto?
- Kekchi: Bʼar wan xhiilal li waam?
- Khmer (Cambodian): ខ្ញុំរកក្តីសុខឯណា ?
- Korean: 내 평안 어디서 찾을 수 있나
- Latvian: Kur varu mieru rast?
- Lithuanian: Kur man taikos ieškot?
- Norwegian: Hvor kan jeg finne fred?
- Polish: Gdzie znajdę spokój swój?
- Portuguese: Onde Encontrar a Paz?
- Romanian: Unde găsesc pace?
- Russian: Где мне найти покой?
- Samoan: O Fea Lo‘u Filemu?
- Spanish: ¿Dónde hallo el solaz?
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠙ ⠝⠙⠑ ⠓⠁⠇⠇⠕ ⠑⠇ ⠎⠕⠇⠁⠵⠢
- Swedish: Var skall jag finna frid
- Tagalog: Saan Naroon ang Aking Kapayapaan?
- Tahitian: I Hea Vau e Farii ai te Hau?
- Thai: หาสันติได้ที่ใด
- Tongan: Te U Maʻu ʻI Fē ʻa e Melinó?
- Ukrainian: Як відшукать мені втіху і спокій?
Most common tunes for “Where Can I Turn for Peace?”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Where Can I Turn for Peace?” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 129
1. Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace When other sources cease to make me whole? When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice, I draw myself apart, Searching my soul?
2. Where, when my aching grows, Where, when I languish, Where, in my need to know, where can I run? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only One.
3. He answers privately, Reaches my reaching In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end.