Joy to the World
Author: Isaac Watts
Composer: Varies by tune (see below)
This song text has been indexed at SingPraises.net in the following languages:
- Afrikaans: Vreugde Op Aard’
- Albanian: Botës Gëzim
- American Sign Language: Joy to the World
- Armenian (West): [Unknown title]
- Bulgarian: Господ е тук, ликувайте!
- Cebuano: Kalipay sa Kalibutan
- Chinese (Simplified): 普世欢腾
- Chinese (Traditional): 普世歡騰
- Chinese Pingyam (Romanized Cantonese): [Unknown title]
- Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Mandarin): Pǔ shì huānténg
- Croatian: Radosni svijet
- Czech: Nádherně zní
- Danish: Fryd dig, o jord
- Dutch: Juich, wereld, juich!
- English: Joy to the World
- English Braille: ⠠⠚⠕⠽ ⠞⠕ ⠮ ⠠⠺⠕⠗⠇⠙
- Estonian: Rõõm kogu maal
- Fijian: Me Da Marau
- Finnish: Riemuitse, maa
- French: Oh, quel bonheur! Jésus viendra!
- French (French Polynesia): Ua Tae Mai te Mesia
- German: Freu dich, o Welt, der Herr erschien!
- Hawaiian: Hauoli Ke Ao, Ua Hiki Mai Ke Alii
- Hmong: Ntiaj Teb Zoo Siab
- Hungarian: Örvendj, világ
- Icelandic: Fagna þú veröld
- Indonesian: Suka Cita bagi Dunia
- Italian: Gioisca il mondo
- Japanese: もろびと，こぞりて
- Japanese (Hiragana): もろびと，こぞりて
- Japanese (Kanji): もろびと，こぞりて
- Kekchi: Sahaq eechʼool, li Qaawaʼ xchal
- Khmer (Cambodian): អំណរដល់លោក
- Korean: 기쁘다 구주 오셨네
- Latvian: Prieks pasaulei
- Lithuanian: Džiaukis, pasauli
- Maori: Ka Koa te Ao
- Navajo: Hózhǫ́ Náhásdlį́į́ʼ Niʼ Bikááʼ
- Norwegian: La oss forene her vår sang
- Polish: Raduj się świecie
- Portuguese: Mundo Feliz, Nasceu Jesus
- Romanian: E bucurie în lume
- Russian: Радуйся, мир!
- Samoan: Le Lalolagi ia Fiafia
- Spanish: ¡Regocijad! Jesús nació
- Spanish Braille: ⠠⠗⠑⠛⠕⠉⠊⠚⠁⠙⠖ ⠠⠚⠑⠎ ⠎ ⠝⠁⠉⠊
- Swedish: Gläd dig, o jord
- Tagalog: O Magsaya
- Tahitian: Ua Tae Mai te Mesia
- Thai: โลกจงสุขี
- Tongan: Fiefia ki Māmani
- Ukrainian: Світе, зустрінь свого Творця!
- Zulu: Lizwe, Thokoza, Nans’ iNkos’
Most common tunes for “Joy to the World”
This chart shows the tunes that are paired with this text most frequently, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the text appears with the same tune in multiple editions or translations of the same hymnbook, it is only counted once.
Appearances of “Joy to the World” over time
This timeline shows which tunes have been used with this text over time, in hymnbooks and other collections published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Related text:
English (Original Language)
Hymns (1985, 2002), no. 201
Adapter: William W. Phelps
1. Joy to the world, the Lord is come; Let earth receive her King! Let ev’ry heart prepare him room, And Saints and angels sing, And Saints and angels sing, And Saints, and Saints and angels sing.
2. Rejoice! Rejoice when Jesus reigns, And Saints their songs employ, While fields and floods, rocks, hills, and plains Repeat the sounding joy, Repeat the sounding joy, Repeat, repeat the sounding joy.
3. No more will sin and sorrow grow, Nor thorns infest the ground; He’ll come and make the blessings flow Far as the curse was found, Far as the curse was found, Far as, far as the curse was found.
4. Rejoice! Rejoice in the Most High, While Israel spreads abroad Like stars that glitter in the sky, And ever worship God, And ever worship God, And ever, and ever worship God.
Compare different versions of the lyrics side-by-side: English